How we provide an honest picture of cannabis
Weed Review is committed to giving you trustworthy, transparent, and accurate information about cannabis.
Our objective is to put you in a position where if you want to meet your health and wellness goals with marijuana, you can do so responsibly. To do this, we have established our Review Guidelines to make sure you are getting the best possible cannabis information online.
Given the amount of info available on marijuana already, it can be quite overwhelming and confusing to make sense of it. We are here to change that by making sure every piece of content we produce incorporates the following principles:
- Presenting an unbiased, objective view of cannabis – covering the good and the bad
- Reviewing the legal cannabis products in the market
- Supporting the claims with scientific research and publications
- Working with Thai medical experts and cannabis doctors to highlight the medicinal and safe use of marijuana
- Collaborating with industry stakeholders, businesses, and cannabis experts to give you a real-time picture of the industry
- Monitoring and updating the content regularly to stay up-to-date
Here’s a closer look at what it entails.
Reviewing Thailand-made products
As per the recent cannabis laws, importing cannabis products into Thailand is strictly illegal. To that end, Weed Review ensures that all the products stated on the website are made in Thailand.
This includes making sure:
- Cannabis flowers are grown locally by regional farmers
- Products like cannabis tinctures & oils, edibles, and topicals are manufactured in the country
- Partnering with companies that are operating in Thailand
We also go the extra mile by evaluating the quality of the products and making sure they are free of pesticides, contaminants, and other substances. Ultimately, if our readers choose to consume cannabis, they should opt for products that are as natural and organic as possible.
Selecting legal items
The cannabis laws of Thailand are evolving. Amendments are added regularly as the authorities look to add regulations in an industry that is growing at a phenomenal pace.
Many businesses have quickly capitalised on the absence of regulations and started selling products which are not strictly illegal. This includes:
- Edibles with a THC limit over 1.6 mg per unit
- Imported cannabis strains from the USA
- Important tinctures & extracts
- Selling THC oil online without a doctor’s prescription
The editorial team at Weed Review has looked into a vast majority of such products to get a sense of what is available in the market. This has also allowed us to draw a fine line between what is legal and what is illegal. Therefore, every product that does not meet the legal criteria or any store selling these bootleg products is marked clearly for your reference. Any product suggested for medicinal use on Weed Review is 100% legal and compliant with local laws.
We keep a close eye on the evolving legal landscape to stay with the trends and update the content – as and when needed.
Cannabis supporters claim that it can do a lot of things – while we do see their perspective, it is important to realise that it is not a cure-all substance.
Marijuana has its drawbacks, and it may not be for everyone. At Weed Review, we respect individual choices when it comes to using cannabis. That’s why we highlight the good and the bad of cannabis by presenting both sides of the picture by:
- Presenting scientifically-backed potential benefits of using cannabis
- Highlighting the likely side effects that can occur
- Stressing the possible drug interactions between weed and medications
- Emphasising cannabis addiction and, thus, promoting its responsible use
- Recommending doctor consultation when using marijuana for medicinal purposes
- Promoting legal products which are authentic and verifiable via third-party lab-test results
We do not make outright claims when it comes to cannabis. All our statements express the possibility of experiencing therapeutic effects – which ultimately comes down to an individual’s genetics, condition, medical history, cannabis tolerance, cannabis sensitivity, GI absorption, and other biological factors.
Earning your trust
Throughout our content, we help you make a clear connection between marijuana and lifestyle and its possible impact on your health. We want to earn your trust as the source of authoritative, accessible, and accurate information for weed in Thailand.
This is a multi-step process which includes:
- Supporting claims with scientific facts, linking to appropriate publications and literature
- Highlighting the contribution of Thai researchers and medicinal experts in the field of cannabis
- Fact-checking of the content by external cannabis doctors and skilled medical experts for transparency and accuracy
- Thoroughly vetting the partner brands we mention in our content, ensuring they are highly reputed and trustworthy
- Listening to the feedback of our readers
The editorial team at Weed Review makes a conscious choice to be inclusive and emphatic with our readers. We want to drive away the stigma surrounding weed in an unbiased, fair manner – and our choice of language reflects that.
Ready to listen
Without you, there is no us. We are passionate about the adult use of cannabis and want to help people navigate the evolving landscape of cannabis in Thailand. If you have questions, feedback or comments about our content, products mentioned on our site, or the partner brands, you can get in touch with us easily.